Welcome!

Welcome to Setz's Blog for Assistive Technology!

Check out my other blog "Tadpole teachers"


and also my blog on Visually Impairment

http://aslstfx.blogspot.ca/



Thursday 26 April 2012

Class Blog 4

Class Blog #4,
What an interesting night.  I felt like I was on sensory overload watching everyone's power points.  They were absolutely wonderful and so informative.  I especially liked how each group was focused around a certain area and how all of their apps could help with that area.  My pen was on fire writing down different apps for my school use as well as my personal use.  I felt very informed walking into school today to ask my VP if I could download "pocket pond" for a little boy who has severe autism.  I felt even more proud when I downloaded it myself onto the I-Pad!
Over the course of the night I was extremely nervous because I felt that the power point that I worked on was not as informative as everyone else.  I think we might have been really hung up on time because there are professors that do take points off when you go over time.  However, we did pack quite a bit of information in 33 minutes (we went over!)  Great night.
Now I am going to try and attach everyone's blog address to my blog.  If you can see it, it worked!  If you can't, I went to bed and will try again tomorrow :)

I had a few extra minutes and found this video from 60 minutes.  It is really interesting and discusses the use of I-Pads with Autistic children. Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I went to school the next day after our presentation night and showed this video to my principal and learning centre teacher. Watching these students with autism working and learning with the iPad was an incredible eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at this video too! It really makes you think of how many children in the past were thought of as having little to no ability or knowledge of their surroundings because they just didn't have a way to communicate! The use of technology has opened a world for these children to share their ideas and thoughts with those around them. Just think of how the parents must feel, finally having the chance to communicate with their children. Cute pic of you and Robert by the way! lol!

    ReplyDelete