Welcome!

Welcome to Setz's Blog for Assistive Technology!

Check out my other blog "Tadpole teachers"


and also my blog on Visually Impairment

http://aslstfx.blogspot.ca/



Thursday 19 April 2012

Class 3 Blog

Wow, what a productive class!  Tonight we were put together in our groups to work on our presentations.  At first I was feeling very hesitant and a bit nervous as I did not know how to put together a presentation of a webinar that was over an hour into 15 minutes. 
I was extremely happy to learn that was not the point of the project.  I can honestly say that I felt extremely comfortable working with my group.  We put in a solid three hours of discussions and feed back about our power point.  We really came together with ideas and thoughts on our Autism project.
Also, for the first time since I started my Masters Degree, I actually felt like I know what I am doing.  I started to think back to when I first was asked to join a group for a project. I was so nervous, did not want to contribute let alone work on any sort of technology that had to be added!  Tonight, I actually felt like I knew what I was doing and enjoyed being apart of it.
Another aspect of tonight's class that was helpful was working with Itunes.  Before this week my husband would download a lot of things on Itunes for me.  Now I know his credit card number is already in the program and I can download things on my own, lol!  I started off this week downloading free apps for my children and will go for the ones that cost money later.


Here is a cool App for children with Severe Autism.


2 comments:

  1. I had been wondering for what Proloquo2go is used. This video served as a good introduction to the technology for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the title of the video you've posted as an important link, "My Autism and Me," communicates that Rosie owns the autism, rather than communicating that the autism defines her as a person.

    ReplyDelete