Welcome!

Welcome to Setz's Blog for Assistive Technology!

Check out my other blog "Tadpole teachers"


and also my blog on Visually Impairment

http://aslstfx.blogspot.ca/



Sunday 3 June 2012

Class #9 "Tadpole Teachers!"

Hi everyone,
I was extremely excited about last class.  I really enjoyed collaborating with our group on how to make a new blog together.  Usually I shy away from working in a group and prefer to work alone.  But this time I felt extremely comfortable with the subject matter and the people I was working with.  I am also gaining a lot of confidence in my technological abilities.  Gone are the feelings of anxiousness when it is my turn to do something or research a part of our project!  I wish I would have taken this course at the beginning of my Masters instead of the end.
Our group decided to do our project on the life cycle of the frog.  I teach grade three so I was familiar with the topic and working with the little ones.  I enjoyed searching for apps, youtube videos, e-books, on-line crafts and any little bit of interesting information we could add to our blog.  I must say that our blog looks great and I am extremely proud of what we have done.  I will post the link to our blog for everyone to see.  Enjoy and thank you to my group!

5 comments:

  1. I really liked the YouTube video you posted about 13 year old Rosie. I had never seen it before, but as I was watching it, it reminded me of the video I posted on 10 Things that every child with autism wish you knew. Rosie's story really spoke to what that video said.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed working in a group Setz. It was amazing how we all collaborated and came up with a plan very quickly. It was amazing how quickly we created our blog and the resources grew very very quickly! Like you Setz, I enjoyed this blog assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! Even though I do not teach elementary there are some things I can use or adapt for my Biology classes or use with students on IPP's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Setz! I wish I had taken a class like this earlier in my career. I have learned so much. It has been great to work with you!!

      Delete
  4. Great working with you too as always, my friend! I think this type of blog can be used in so many ways and helps to give all students in the class a chance to explore blogs and everything they can provide in a learning experience. When I get back from mat leave, we'll have to develop some together on other subjects!!

    ReplyDelete