Welcome!

Welcome to Setz's Blog for Assistive Technology!

Check out my other blog "Tadpole teachers"


and also my blog on Visually Impairment

http://aslstfx.blogspot.ca/



Wednesday 6 June 2012

Last Class!

Hi everyone,
Well, here we are last class of a really interesting journey.  I now have 10 down and 2 to go!  This class was one of the quickest.  I think it was because we were constantly thinking and processing a large amount of information at once.
I enjoyed blogging and liked working together to make our group assignments.  This is something that I think my students will enjoy.  I know for certain that I will pass the blog information on to our grade 2 teachers who can use our "Tadpole Teachers".
I feel that I have gained a lot of knowledge when it comes to AT in the classroom.  To me this course felt like an ongoing professional development course, something I was lacking.   If anything I gained the knowledge on how to find the information and where to begin to search for help for my students.  I know now that it can be overwhelming but there is help.
I am also looking forward to assisting my fellow teachers on how to incorporate AT into the classroom.  I have already spoken at our June inservice on the UDLtoolbox and all of the fun things found inside it.  I also tried to use it today in class with a writing assignment.  It worked really well on the PC's but not on the IPADs, seems I have to download some sort of equiptment, lol.  Will have to find out how to do that tomorrow :)
Thanks to all for helping out and giving me such wonderful ideas!

2 comments:

  1. It was great working with you tonight. The three of us made a great team. I am glad to go out on such a high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Setz that this coourse provided great PD. I was so happy to learn practical information ratehr that all theory for a change. It was great being in a class with you again :)

    ReplyDelete